How to complain
Information below is specific to Ireland (excluding Northern Ireland) customers only.
If you are a United Kingdom customer please click here.
At the Gift Voucher Shop we aim to provide a first-class service. However, we do realise that at times we may not meet the high standards you have come to expect from us. If you have a concern about any of our products or services, please tell us. We want to put things right – first time. Your comments help us to improve our services.
If you want to make a complaint, you can contact us in the following ways.
Send a letter or fax addressed to the Customer Service Manager at the following address:
Please include your name and address, the details of your complaint and a contact number for us to call you.
The Gift Voucher Shop
PO Box 8942
Call the Gift Voucher Shop Customer Services Dept. on 01 870 8111. If you are calling from outside Ireland, the telephone number is 00 353 1 870 8111.
When we receive your complaint we will do the following.
1. Contact you within five working days to confirm we have received your complaint.
2. We aim to resolve the majority of our complaints within 24 hours of receiving them which is why we ask you for a contact phone number.
3. We will always deal with your complaint as quickly as we can. However, if we have not been able to solve or settle your complaint within four weeks of receiving it, we will write to tell you the progress we have made and when we aim to send you a full response.
4. If we cannot solve or settle your complaint within eight weeks of receiving it, we will write to you and explain why, and tell you when we expect to be able to do so.
5. If at any stage you are not satisfied with our action or explanation, you can ask for us to refer your complaint to the Group Operations Manager at the above address.
If you do not agree with our final response, or we cannot respond within eight weeks and you do not accept our explanation, you may refer your complaint to the Financial Services Ombudsman (FSO). The Ombudsman can help solve or settle disputes between firms and their customers. They are entirely independent and their services are free to you.
Ask us for a leaflet, or contact the Ombudsman at:
Financial Services Ombudsman
Tel: Lo Call 1890 88 20 90 or +353 (0)1 662 0899
If we have not been able to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction AND you have bought our product online:
The European Commission has established an online dispute resolution platform (ODR platform) which is specifically designed to help customers resident in the European Union who have been unable to resolve a complaint with traders established in the European Union from which they purchased goods or services online. You can submit your complaint through the ODR platform in any of the official languages of the European Union. The platform will then send your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service for an independent review within 90 days.
You can access the ODR platform here at http://ec.europa.eu/odr
You will need